Terms & Conditions
PRO RIDER PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
The ‘Promoter’ is Pro Rider 2022 Ltd.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- All Pro Rider employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their immediate families. (‘Immediate families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation, or other family extension.)
- Those who are not New Zealand residents or citizens.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Pro Rider Promotions or Competitions (collectively the ‘Promotion’) conducted by means of any medium – online , radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time for specific promotions.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the ‘ Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules. Specific Rules are noted below.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter the Promotion.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- Pro Rider reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- Pro Rider reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Pro Rider decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant Pro Rider exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices, and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- All entrant personal details must be valid and up to date and will be held by Pro Rider and may be used for the purpose of the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing unless otherwise directed by contestants at the time of entry.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
- Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply: a) Standard SMS text charges will apply, unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules and will depend on the entrant’s particular plan or agreement with their phone service provider; b) Any form of automated text message is invalid; c) The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes; and d) Pro Rider takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Specific Rules.
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (the ‘Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), or by other means in the Specific Rules. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g., when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after two attempts or email sent is undelivered/not replied to) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 2 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry. However, should the prize’s total worth equal less than NZD$250, only one failed attempt at contact will be acceptable before the Judge selects another winner.)
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules. If the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (e.g., driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the Prize.
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies Pro Rider in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- Pro Rider reserves the right to amend, vary, extend, or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- Pro Rider takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect short code, Force Majeure or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law Pro Rider will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury because of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Pro Rider control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, Pro Rider has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.
2023 Motomail $1000 voucher giveaway for subscribing to the Pro Rider monthly email newsletter – the Winner will be notified by announcement in our monthly newsletter, on June 1st, 2023. The Winner will have 1 week to contact us to arrange collection of the prize.
Winter 2023 CBTA promotion to win a Track Based Training day – the winner may gift the prize to someone else should they not wish to attend a Track Based Training day. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable to another course. The attending rider must have either an NZ Restricted or Full Class 6 license. The attending rider must abide by all the usual terms of a Pro Rider Track Based Training day. The winner must book and attend the Track Based Training day before June 2024.
Boyd’s Bonanza, Shop and Win Promotion July 2023 – Pro Rider will contribute to the winner of this promotion, a voucher for either a Track Based Training Day or a Gravel Basics Training course. This prize is not redeemable for cash, and cannot be transferred to other Pro Rider courses. The voucher may be gifted by the winner to another person. The attendee of the chosen course must comply with all Pro Rider prerequisites for licensing, bike specifications and riding experience, or any other requirement deemed necessary for Health and Safety by Pro Rider.